The First Hospital Foundation supports nonprofit organizations whose programs address the health needs of the most vulnerable and underserved populations in the five-county Philadelphia metropolitan region. The foundation values innovative approaches to the delivery of health care and believes that working collaboratively with others increases the collective ability to advance knowledge in the field and make a positive difference in the health of vulnerable populations.
The foundation’s priorities include:
- improvement of access to health care by the underserved including the uninsured and underinsured
- meeting behavioral health needs
- promotion of the health and well-being of children and families
- education, training and advocacy to improve health care outcomes
What’s new with the foundation:
- FOUNDATION AWARDS 2014 GRANTS to 46 organizations totaling $1.3 million. Click here for list of grants.
- The Center for Autism awarded Economic Initiative Grant by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, read more.
- The Foundation has moved: Our new address is 230 SOUTH BROAD STREET, SUITE 810, PHILADELPHIA, PA 19102