The First Hospital Foundation supports nonprofit organizations whose programs address the health needs of the most vulnerable and underserved populations in the five-county Philadelphia metropolitan region. The foundation values innovative approaches to the delivery of health care and believes that working collaboratively with others increases the collective ability to advance knowledge in the field and make a positive difference in the health of vulnerable populations.
The foundation’s priorities include:
- improvement of access to health care by the underserved including the uninsured and underinsured
- meeting behavioral health needs
- promotion of the health and well-being of children and families
- education, training and advocacy to improve health care outcomes
What’s new with the foundation:
- WE HAVE MOVED: Our new address is 230 SOUTH BROAD STREET, SUITE 810, PHILADELPHIA, PA 19102
- 2014 Grant Application Cycle is now open. Submission Deadline is July 31, 2014, read more.
- Foundation announces 2013 grant recipients, read more
- PCCY finds poverty is increasingly a regional issue, read more
- Maternity Care Coalition joins Merck for Mothers global initiative, read more
- Foundation grantees receive RWJF-sponsored fellowships for the Philadelphia Social Innovations Lab, read more
- The Power of Partnership: Maternity Care Coalition and First Hospital Foundation featured in RWJF video, watch here
- Maternal and Child Health Consortium of Chester County awarded CHIPRA grant, read more